National and International Chess Competitions 1988-2018
- Chess: represented Venezuela in more than 35 countries, winning prizes and awards in many chess competitions. Obtained the title of Women International Chess Master at the age of 19 by The World Chess Federation F.I.D E. Carolina was Two time Pan-American women champion, and was for 10 years standing among the highest ranked players in the Americas. Carolina learned how to play chess at the age of 5 and started to compete in National and International chess tournaments at the age of 7. She has played in the high competitive chess since her childhood. Her Venezuelan National Rating peak was 2230 points and her International Rating peak was 2192 points being awarded multiple times in the top positions in National and International Championships at all ages from the scholastic level until the Adult Master level. These events include: Chess Olympiads, Zonals, Open events, Pan-American, Center-American, World Cadet, Youth and World Juniors and Girls championships. She was a member for more than 10 years of the National Chess team representing her native Country Venezuela in more than 35 countries around the world.
- 15 time Women and Girls Champion of Venezuela from U-10 section until the Adult Master Category.from 1988-2007
- Participation at the Miami International Chess Open. Miami-Florida 2007
- Participation and Top 5 at the World Medical Games in the Chess Category. Croatia 2010
- Georgia Women’ State Champion . Atlanta-Georgia 2009,2011,2013
- Participation at the Dubai Open. Dubai-UAE. 2012,2013,2014
- Participation at the Millionaire Chess Open. U.S.A 2014,2015,2016
- World Championship, Puerto Rico 1989 3rd Place.
- Pan- American Championship Brazil 1990 1st Place.
- World championship Slovakia 1993, 11th Place ( Best of America)
- Participation in the 31th World Olympiad Moscow 1994
- Pan American U-20 championship, Venezuela 1997 2nd place
- Pan American Championship Brazil 1998, 1st Place
- Participation in the 33th World Olympiad Kalmikia 1998
- World Championship under 20, Brazil 2000 3rd Place
- Participation in the 34th World Olympiad Turkey 2000
- Participation in the 35th World Olympiad Bled 2002
- Participation and Champion in Sao Paulo Team Championship, Brazil 2004/2005
- Open International of Chess, Miami-Florida USA-2007
- Participation in Sao Paulo Team Championship, Brazil 2008
Other prizes, qualifications, and Awards
- 14 time Athlete of the year by the Venezuelan chess federation from categories U-10 until senior category. 1988-2007
- “Athlete of the year” by University of Carabobo.
- National Award “ Jose Felix Ribas” awarded First Class.
- “Excellence award “Judith Polgar” given by Oil Tanker Company P.D.V.S.A , Venezuela.
- “Honor Roll” at Dental School of University of Carabobo-Venezuela.1997-2002
- Competent Communicator Certified by Toastmaster International. Atlanta-GA. 2017
Chess classes Available :Online, Personal, Group and Chess in the Schools Programs.
Chess in the Schools
Based on enrichment classes of 1h each before or after school hours.
Schools registration for Fall/Winter 2018 and Winter/Spring 2019 for our current programs are Open now.
The Class is held once or twice a week for 1hour for a period between 12-16 weeks depending on your selected school program.
Chess summer camps
All the Information about our Chess summer camps (Registration, dates,location, cost, activities) are available thru the link of the Schools that it will be held.
WIM, Dr. Carolina Blanco has been a speaker at different corporate meetings that have used the game of Chess as Professional Networking Event. Among the activities that can be performed are: Master Chess Class, Chess Simultaneous exhibition, Blitz and Rapid chess tournament among conference participants.